An experienced Fire Service Leader whose professional responsibility expands into areas of public education, public speaking, motivational leadership and decision-making. Competent and knowledgeable in all phases of Fire Service Management as it relates to Fire Suppression, with specific expertise in Fire Prevention & Safety.
Professionally trained by Dr. Carl Homes, creator of the Executive Development Institute, the National Fire Academy, the University of Memphis and Chattanooga State Technical Community College to conduct Research and Planning that forecast long-range department goals. As an instructor, I have contributed pertinent information to the Executive Development Institute overall organizational plan, which has impacted thousands of individuals and their corresponding fire departments, as well as, their Fire Safety Management Division goals.
Provide guidance on Developing Fire & Life Safety Strategies to Fire Chiefs, Fire Marshal, City Officials, Fire Protection Engineers, Fire Plans Examiners, Public Education Officers, Fire Inspectors, and Fire Service personnel, Architects, Code Enforcement Officers and business owners.
City of Chattanooga Fire Department – July 3, 1987 – Present
An experienced Fire Service Leader whose professional responsibility expands into areas of public education, public speaking, motivational leadership and decision-making.
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BLACK PROFESSIONAL FIREFIGHTERS
Joined the Brothers United, Chattanooga, TN. In 1987
·Served as President for (4) years
DEGREE STUDIES/CONTINUING EDUCATION
Chattanooga State Community College
Fire Science Technology A.A.S.
University of Memphis
– Bachelors of Professional Studies
Fire Administration/Fire Prevention Technology B.P.S.
National Fire Academy
– Fire Prevention & Life Safety Education
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Fire Academy Alumna Association
- National Fire and Life Safety Educator
- Home Safety Council
COMMUNITY RELATIONS ACTIVITIES:
- Board of Directors for Generation (H.O.P.E.) Male Mentoring Program Inc.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of East Tennessee (Wish Granter)
- 2nd Vice-Director Southeast Region
- Founding member of The 100 Black Men of Chattanooga
- Community Relation Coordination (I.A.B.P.F.F.)
- General Colin Powell’s America’s Promise
- East 5th Street Child Care Center Board of Directors
- Event Coordinator for Blood Assurance (Bone Marrow Drive)
- Director for Black Achievers Henry Branch Y.M.C.A.
- Center for Missing and Exploited Children (Take 25)
- Mentoring at Howard School for Males
- Developed a National community outreach program to address fire and life safety across the country
- Listed as a faculty of the U.S. Fire Administration’s National Fire Academy
- Recognition for outstanding achievement for promoting Chattanooga by the President’s VIP Council (Chattanooga Area Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- Received Proclamation from the State, County, and City for the International Association of Black Professional Firefighters (November 2, 2000)
- Awarded the Presidential Award for Community Outreach from the International Association of Black Professional Firefighters